- Can’t get enough K9 Nose Work®? If you would like to officially compete in the funnest, fastest-growing dog sport, please visit Australian Canine Scent Work (ACSW)
- For all your nose work needs:
For those of you who are interested in getting a little more information about the hows and whys of K9NW.
- Understanding a Dog’s Sense of Smell
- Handler beliefs affect scent detection dog outcomes
- The Incredible Sense of Smell in the Dog
- A Dog’s Life: Canine Olfaction Put to the Test
- How Scent and Airflow Works
- Playing styles and possible causative factors in dogs’ behaviour when playing with humans
- What the Dog’s Nose Tells the Dog’s Brain: Humans Come First
- Olfaction-based Detection Distance: A Quantitative Analysis of How Far Away Dogs Recognize Tortoise Odor and Follow It to Source
- Effects of Extraneous Odors on Canine Detection
- The fluid dynamics of canine olfaction: unique nasal airflow patterns as an explanation of macrosmia
- This K9 Nose Work® blog is a great place to follow along with a dedicated enthusiast in the States.
- The American K9 Nose Work® FB page is as good as it gets for us in Australia to get the latest info on the sport.
- Click here for the Official National Association of Canine Scent Work page
- This is the link for the Twits amongst you… or should that be tweeters? K9 Nose Work®’s Twitter feed
- A picture is worth a thousand words, right? There are lots of videos of dogs working on youtube and this link is a great place to start